[Spridgets] Shifting Inconsistencies with a Rib Case Gear Box

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] Shifting Inconsistencies with a Rib Case Gear Box
From: Kirk Hargreaves <khargreaves2@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 09:29:51 -0700
First to second. .  my clutch releases early.  . yet on an inconsistent
basis.

When early, It releases just about an inch or less from full down on the
pedal.  Second gear to turd and fourth, the clutch works perfect.

Downshifting third to second.  . the clutch might act up again, however,
again, at times it is fine.

Pumping up the pressure makes no difference.

Once the car is up to speed, say cruising along in town at 40 - 45 mph . .
the clutch pedal returns to normal so that my down shifts from third to
second gear are fine.

I have never experienced a situation where the clutch seems to respond
differently due to the speed of the car.  And where the clutch is
inconsistent like it is.  . and where pumping does not create some kind of
difference in performance.

I am going to bleed the system today. . but my guess is that this is not
going to take care of the problem.

There is a damn ghost in the machine, I'm telling you!

*Any ideas on such behaviour are most welcomed.*

Kirk
59 1275

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75