[Spridgets] Spinning shift knob

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] Spinning shift knob
From: Peter Caldwell <peter@nosimport.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2010 11:06:30 -0500
As this applies to a 64 Mini, I should probably ask that list, but
it's mostly inactive, and they don't take me seriously.....

My shift knob's loose.  No big deal, I'll put some Locktite(TM) on it
someday, BUT...

I noticed that when I am cruising, it spins counterclockwise...
slowly.  When I decelerate quickly (lifting off gas) it spins
counterclockwise quite quickly.  AND, when I accelerate it spins
clockwise, relative to how fast I accelerate!

Honest.

So, now I'm thinking I just need to accelerate harder than I
decelerate, and F the Locktite(TM)

Oh, I would kinda like to know why, and, if those in OZ experience
the opposite.

Ciao for Niao

Peter C

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html