Re: [Spridgets] Spridget Parts

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Spridget Parts
From: Jim Johnson <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 19:48:34 -0500
I have a good set of doors with wind up windows on the 1968 Midget. I have
another perfect set in the garage rafters. I have tried to give the latter
away. No luck.  As the others have said, unless your doors are made from
solid 24 karat gold, you aren't likely to sell them.

Cheers!!
Jim

On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 5:55 PM, Brad Fornal <tequila.brad@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have doors, and boot lids strapped to the rafters in my shed. There is a
> woven 1" wide polyester strap that was used at my last job. I "borrowed" a
> partial roll, and use it to hold the parts up. I have used it as tow rope,
> and also to keep leaning trees forced upright. Even after 2 years in the
> Texas sun, they change color, but do not rot. I have no concern of my
> suspended parts crashing down.
>
> On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 4:13 PM, CosmicMag1380 <cosmicmag1380@gmail.com
> >wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 1:02 PM, Robert E. Shlafer <pilotrob@msn.com>
> > wrote:
> > I think my asking price on the doors is reasonable as well. And if
> > Spritedom doesn't appreciate same, I''d rather throw them away than
> > give them away to the unappreciative.
> >
> > ______________________
> >
> > CB, for what it's worth, I have been dealing with spridget parts for
> > about 40 years now and I can tell you from experience that there is
> > pretty much NO market for doors from windup window cars. I have a set
> > of perfect doors too that I can't find a buyer for at any price. I
> > offered them at $50 for the pair and a guy walked away from that deal.
> > I would rather sell them cheap to someone who could use them than send
> > them to the boneyard but I have a storage problem anymore.
> >
> > The reason seems to be that if the doors are rusty, so is the rest of
> > the car and that ain't gonna get fixed either. If a door gets hit in
> > an accident, the car is probably totaled too. I did sell one once for
> > $50 which was pretty good at the time bask in the 80s. I happened to
> > be at a buddy's body shop and he was working on a Midget. He said he
> > couldn't find a door for it anywhere. I told him to come over to the
> > house and take his pick from the half dozen or so that I had sitting
> > around!
> >
> > Doors and trunk lids are just storage problems in the spridget world.
> > They sit outside anymore. I do keep a pair of Bugeye doors as spares
> > inside though! Bonnets and perfect front fenders are worth the storage
> > space.
> >
> > --
> > Kent
> > 1960 Bugeye
> > 1967 Sprite - following in the 73's footsteps to the boneyard...
> >

> --
> DON JULIO 1942
>
> www.myspace.com/tequilabrad

Cheers!!
Jim
In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a
shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress."
        John Adams
        US diplomat & politician (1735 - 1826)

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75