Re: [Spridgets] Secret to removing bonnet lock / hood latch

To: fastvee <fastvee@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Secret to removing bonnet lock / hood latch
From: Rick Bastedo <rbastedo@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 08:26:34 -0700
That's actually the point of the whole exercise.
It had this T-Bird / Buick hood scoop on there, which I've remedied by
removing that bonnet.
The thing just never looked right on a MK2 Sprite, then I got a Sprite hood
from a friend and painted it and put it on the car.
Now I'm just doing the finishing touches like the bonnet catch and lock and
maybe even a prop rod.
I also need to get it a little more centered, seems it's closer to one
fender than the other.

Rick B.

On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 4:50 AM, fastvee <fastvee@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I would find swapping hoods was more work than repairing the loose captive
> nut. I'd use a hole saw to remove the old section and splice in a new steel
> patch with the nut welded to it. Shouldn't even need to paint the hood. I am
> having to do the same thing underneath the car for the ground strap.
> John
> Fogelsville, PA
>
> --- On *Mon, 8/16/10, Rick Bastedo <rbastedo@gmail.com>* wrote:
>

> From: Rick Bastedo <rbastedo@gmail.com>
>

> Thanks Frank, I'll try one of my other hoods - the captive nut will
> hopefully hold still on one of them.

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive