Re: [Spridgets] head question

To: bmcu@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] head question
From: <bjshov8@tx.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 14:17:04 -0400
There is a little more room for individual ports, and for the intake and
exhaust manifolds since they don't have to compete for limited space.

Frequently crossflow heads are used with dual overhead cams, meaning you have 2
rows of valves.  The intake valves cant towards the intake manifold for better
breathing, and the exhaust valves cant towards the exhaust manifold for better
exhaust.  There are lots of different engine designs throughout history, but
this is the optimum arrangement that everybody tries to achieve.

> True, With no shared port like the A-Series head.
>
> On Aug 17, 2010, at 10:22 AM, Billy Zoom wrote:
>
> > I assume a crossflow has the intake on one side and exhaust on the other.
> >
> >> What is the advantage of a crossflow head over a stock type flowed head?

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums