[Spridgets] Son of front wheel bearings

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Son of front wheel bearings
From: Michael Rowe <mdrowe@optonline.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 17:56:27 -0400
Well, the Timken bearings went in just fine, although the cups were really
tight.  There was no problem with the radius of the stub axle and the inner
bearing seated properly.

But

The brake calipers would not release at all.  So I took those apart and found
really crudded up fluid, maybe with bits of rubber in it.  Since I am using the
proper fluid, it could be that someone did not in the past, and the mess is
residual.  I await a caliper rebuild kit and I will flush the whole system.

Michael Rowe
'74 Bugeyed Midget
'60 Sprite kit
Long Island, NY