Re: [Spridgets] Rivergate install instructions anyone?

To: Lester <oldsaabguy@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Rivergate install instructions anyone?
From: derf <derf247@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2010 12:54:41 -0600
I fear no viri.
Here is what you get form the site:

Sprite/Midget 5-Speed Kit
Installation Instructions
(abridged)

(Detailed instructions furnished with kits is 11 pages, with
how-to-hints and photos. Reference to a Spridget service manual is
also recommended for standard procedures.)

Remove and separate engine and transmission.
Remove steel plate from rear of the engine and replace it with the
aluminum adapter plate.
Prepare Datsun transmission.
Shorten gearshift lever & re-thread
Bolt on the rear mount furnished, the slave cylinder, and install
throwout bearing.
Cut clearance for Spridget starter drive (2" hole saw recommended)
Cut clearance points on bellhousing (grinder or file)
Remove the contact pad for the carbon T.O. bearing from the stock
clutch pressure plate.
Install the clutch disc furnished, along with the stock pressure plate
Bolt transmission to engine using bolts furnished.
Install driveshaft yoke onto driveshaft in place of the stock yoke.
This involves only installing a U-joint. Yoke with a u-joint is
furnished.
Install engine and transmission into car (as with stock units)
Plumb hydraulic clutch. Bleed the clutch fluid.
Adjust slave cylinder pushrod.
Check work and test drive.
In case you experience any problems with installation, our phone
number is included in instructions. We are happy to help with any
problem not solved by a careful reading of instructions.

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums