Re: [Spridgets] MG car cover for transport

To: Edward Perez <eap2140@yahoo.com>, spridget
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] MG car cover for transport
From: David Booker <tncarnut1@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 10:51:50 -0700 (PDT)
When I sold my Triumph a few years ago, a guy (not the new owner) picked it up
with a single car trailer pulled behind his big diesel dually Ram pickup. The
trailer was open at the front and between the rails so provided little
protection from rocks, grit, etc. We used a roll of pallet shrink-wrap I had
(like you use to secure boxes on a skid for truck shipping) for protection.
After securing the car to the trailer, we did a continuous wrap of the entire
car beginning at the rear and passing it to each other over and then under the
car as we moved forward, overlapped each wrap so the wind would have nothing
rip at. There were lots of spare parts in the interior and trunk spaces,
so the
wrap served double duty of keeping all that stuff out of sight and
relatively
safe from theft.

New owner said it arrrived in perfect shape and
that he actually enjoyed
unwrapping his "new" car.

This would obviously
only work if you transport the car secured in one place on
a trailer. If it
goes on a regular transporter, they may need to move it once or
twice on the
journey to load or unload other cars. I'm also pretty sure
prolonged wrapping
would cause some ill effect somewhere, but this was a
relatively quick
two-day drive in mild Fall temperatures.

David Booker
 - Long Island

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75