Re: [Spridgets] Long term engine storage help..

To: Spridgets list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Long term engine storage help..
From: Greg Gowins <eric.t.cartman@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 22:00:10 -0500
Best plan to avoid rust is to squirt an ounce or so of oil in each
cylinder, and then rotate the engine by hand.  Repeat every 12-18
months or so.  Another thing you want to do is have different tensions
on the valve springs while in storage.  The occasional rotating by
hand helps that.  If you have a way to store it in a bag with a
desiccant,  that will help keep the moisture down as well.