Re: [Spridgets] GPS

To: Bugeye <bugeye@yahoogroups.com>, Spridget
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] GPS
From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 05:52:27 -0700 (PDT)
--- On Mon, 9/20/10, Guy R Day <grday@btinternet.com> wrote:
> For a figure used by the guy in the street they are as good
> as anything else they use.

I was able to use my Droid's GPS in Newfoundland. It was accurate to the 2nd
decimal place to the odometer intervals provided in the route books that were
determined via a Terratrip. Unfortunately, the full GPS needed access to
Google, and a full time data connection was impossible for that half of the
equation. We did find a good app for odometer that we used most of the time.
The Terratrip is an inductive pickup place on a rotating object (wheel of trans
shaft or whatever) that you calibrate in an odometer run.

Ron

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive