Re: [Spridgets] Brake pull

To: "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@comcast.net>, "Spridgets"
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Brake pull
From: "Guy R Day" <grday@btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 21:56:27 +0100
If it pulls to the right, the right side is working properly and the left
side is causing the problem.
If it pulls enough to make a right turn this sounds as if the problem is at
the front and not the rear.  A sharp pull is front, a gradual one is rear -
commonly.
This sounds like contaminants of some description that are on the left
rotor(s) that are getting wiped / burnt off when you brake to the point they
have gone after 20 miles or so.
Try leaving it for a week or so and wipe your finger at the bottom of the
front left rotor and see if it is wet/damp and just quickly tongue taste
your finger where you have wiped it.  You will probably know the difference
between brake fluid and ordinary grease / oil.  This is NOT a recommended
test as brake fluid is quite poisonous and ordinary oils do not do you much
good either!
If you strip the front left down you should be looking for a damp line
running down the back of the inner pad and across the bottom of the pad and
downwards Have a look (a) at the inside of the wheel rim and tyre for signs
of fluid flung outwards towards the tire tread and (b) under the wheel arch
for a wet line of drops that have been flung up if it has been going on for
a long time.  The fluid level may have dropped in the m/cyl as well.

Best of luck

Guy R Day