[Spridgets] Bugeye door hinge

To: "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Bugeye door hinge
From: an5.sprite@gmail.com
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 19:35:08 +0000
I am looking for some advice on rebuilding my Bugeye's door hinges.

When I took apart the hinge the pin was frozen to the center section and was
rotating on the top and bottom. This seemed wrong as the pin on the top and
bottom had small splines. As would be expected this wore away the metal pretty
quickly once I started using the car.

Is it enough to just get an oversize pin and drill/ream everything to fit or is
there enough metal to drill out and add a bushing without ending up with a part
that is too weak.

Thanks

Steve
59 Green Bugeye