Re: [Spridgets] Bugeye/Frogeye Club..... Re: Bearing

To: Shop at Just Brits <shop@justbrits.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Bugeye/Frogeye Club..... Re: Bearing
From: Jim Johnson <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 19:56:58 -0500
Good thoughts, Ed...   Can we neglect the density differences between the
various metals involved?  How about the deformation of the bearings due to
centripital force during rapid rotation?  Also, if there is rotation
shouldn't we consider coriollis effect - the propensity for rotating objects
to turn to the right in the northern hemisphere (left in the southern
hemisphere)...    Boy!!  This is getting complicated!!

Cheers!!
Jim

On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 7:30 PM, Shop at " Just Brits "
<shop@justbrits.com>wrote:

>  << It'll also get thinner as the oil squeezes out. That has to screw with
> the
> clearances. >>
>
> Then there is the oil reacting to HEAT and also viscosity gets
> dragged into this !!
>
> Sorry, LMAO !!!
>
> Ed
>
> PS:  and of course there would be the differences involving the
> .........viscosity vs the brand of oil !!!
> PPS:  ROTF !!
> PPPS:  Can we YET make this [sorry Jay] thread a little MORE
> .............technical [please<G>?]  ???

Cheers!!
Jim
"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of
thinking that
created them."-Albert Einstein

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75