Re: [Spridgets] It must me Halloween season ...eBay Bugeye with

To: Heard Saxon <heard@datatrontech.net>, Spridget list
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] It must me Halloween season ...eBay Bugeye with
From: David Booker <tncarnut1@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 06:32:21 -0700 (PDT)
Heard,
Those little double hoops are just for looks unless you actually brace
them to
the rear (as in Cobra). Miata enthusiasts who actually drive their
cars hard
call them "mouse traps" because they have been known to fold over
when the car
actually ends up using them (you get the picture of why they
call them that).
This is I'm sure why they are illegal in all forms of
racing. I guess if you
braced them under the skin they would work better. I
would still prefer a three
point that meets at the top. Or even better - one
four-point bar that goes all
the way across. Seems a waste of effort (not to
mention more mass up high where
you don't want it) to do double hoops rather
than a single stronger one.

I bought a used four point bar from somebody on
the list (it was early in my
time here, and I can't think who it was at the
moment - sorry) for my '71. My
son sanded and painted it, then we mounted it.
I love the way it looks. Even
more than that, I really like the fact that
should I ever end up with the round
rubber bits pointing upward, I get the
opportunity to crawl out from under and
build something else!