Re: [Spridgets] Hints on floorpan replacement?

To: "Linda Grunthaner" <grunthaner@gmail.com>, "Billy Zoom"
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Hints on floorpan replacement?
From: "Guy R Day" <grday@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 13:33:06 +0100
Couple of older guys I know use a sharp thin bladed chisel (similar to a
builders 'bolster chisel') and hammer that between the metal sheets welded
together.  Angle it to cut the 'scrap' metal away but it still leaves a
stretched metal area on the 'good' side that needs shrinking.  What it does
do is leave a line of thicker metal dots located where the manufacturer left
them and you re-spot weld back through them.  If done with the expertise
these guys had in their hands you couldn't tell between origional and their
spot weld panels.
I have never been able to achieve similar results.

Guy R Day