Re: [Spridgets] gone

To: "Datsun Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] gone
From: Jim Johnson <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 13:29:05 -0500
There is no fun in traps....  In 1970 I lived in base housing at Maxwell AFB
in Montgomery AL.  That winter we had a horrendous mouse infestation. They
were so bad that one Sunday while I was watching football on TV I looked
into the kitchen and saw one run across the floor to where my Alsatian male
was laying. He casually watched it climb across his paws and tried to lick
it!  My first wife was against traps that killed them so I had to bolt a
trap with a flap of hardware cloth across the bale to a coffee can. When
they triggered the trap it threw them into the coffee can and locked them
in.  I would then take them out to the far side of the adjacent field and
open the can.  I swear they beat me back to the house!!

Today I opt for Tim's solution.  I have an 18" barrel 12 gauge side by side
and about 1,500 rounds of 7.62 x 39 for the AK-47.  They show up around here
and I will have some real fun getting rid of them.  Call me for
instructions....    ;-)

Cheers!!
Jim