[Spridgets] Brake clutch 948 questions

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Brake clutch 948 questions
From: "Jim Fournier" <jimndi@frontiernet.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 16:26:47 -0500
I have a 1960 Bugeye. When I bought the car, a 1275 was thrown in to sweeten
the deal. I've had the 1275 completely rebuilt  and will be installing it this
winter. In addition to the 1275, the guy gave me a servicable ribcase Trans,
so i'm scrapping the smooth case.
Question 1. - The ribcase has a slave cylinder attached. is it the same as the
948 Slave Cylinder?
Question 2. - I'm using the 948 pedal box. will that pose a problem?
Question 3.- The push rods in the pedal box are missing. Are the brake and
clutch pedal box push rods the same length? I seem to recall that Frank
indicated they are not the same.
Question 4.- The push rod is also missing for the slave. I assume this slave
push rod MUST be a 1275 pushrod? is that correct?
Lastly, the throwout bearing and carrier, Must they be 1275 as well? currently
most of my spares pile is 948 stuff.

 Thanks for any advice you can give.
Jim

[demime found a multipart/alternative section which it tried
to parse but could not find any section which it could render. Please send
plain text.]

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive