Re: [Spridgets] 1974 Fascination Car

To: Linda Grunthaner <grunthaner@gmail.com>, Spridget list
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] 1974 Fascination Car
From: David Booker <tncarnut1@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 06:10:33 -0800 (PST)
"...but I feel drawn to the unusual vehicle...": Linda Grunthaner

Linda -
the draw you feel may be linked to the ever-so-slight resemblance to a
microbus from certain (low and from the front) angles... I rolled through the
images hoping to find some interior and suspension and drivetrain shots. No
such
luck, though. I wonder what powers it? Maybe if the builder was
suicidal, it
will have an old Toronado drivetrain stuffed into that wide rear
end.

The front also slightly resembles Buckminster Fuller's Dymaxion ( a
car that
always fascinated me), but of course this one has aircraft-style
front wheels,
where the Dymaxion was more conventional in the front wheel
layout.

Interesting car (but not quite fascinating).

Thanks for sharing,
 -
David

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html