[Spridgets] Need Help Starter Question

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] Need Help Starter Question
From: Kirk Hargreaves <khargreaves2@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 14:26:22 -0800
Lister's,

When I went to leave my son in laws house last night my 59 Sprite was dead.

Came back this morning and with the help of a couple neighbors I was able to
push start it.

I installed a Japanese gear redux starter about 6 years ago.  I also use a
old Ford solenoid which is attached to the pull switch behind the dash. . .
simple pull switch that has worked well for several years.

I tried to jump the leads to the starter to isolate, and did not get a
response. I also jumped the leads going into and out of the solenoid, no
response.

My "lead jumping exercises" are probably not the way I should be going about
this?

I am hoping that the problem is with the solenoid (as I have had a bad
solenoid before).

I need some input understand how to properly isolate the issue, whether it
is the solenoid or the starter?

I am leaning toward the idea that my starter gave it up while parked in
front of my sons house last night, but any ideas would certainly be
appreciated.

Thanks,

Kirk

59 1275