Re: [Spridgets] iPhone Apps

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] iPhone Apps
From: <corvallis@peoplepc.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 18:13:35 -0800
Google   iphone disguise voice app
...bill in pookipsie
=====================================
-----Original Message-----
From: spridgets-bounces@autox.team.net
[mailto:spridgets-bounces@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of Kirk Hargreaves
Sent: Sunday, December 19, 2010 5:56 PM
To: mark@nashvilletn.org
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] iPhone Apps

I understand, and correct me if I have this wrong.  . that there is a iPhone
app that allows you to call someone using someone else's number.  If you
have the number registered to the persons name in your phone, then of course
when you get the call the other persons name shows up and you think the call
is coming in from them.  The app then allows you to change the sound of your
voice.

I got a call last night that lit up as coming in from my son in law.  When I
answered it a voice came on that was so low it was hard to understand.  The
caller asked me a couple of questions that only someone in my family would
know about.  . then hung up.

My wife heard the call and got a bit freaked out because it did not sound
like our son in law nor would it have been something that my son in law
would have said.

I called my son in law and he said that it most likely my youngest son using
this particular app on his iPhone. .  just messing with me.  Of course my
youngest son denied it and my son in law denied that he had made the call.
At this point, both of them sound believable, but something is up.  .
someone made the call in my son in laws name. .  or of course it was my son
in law using an app to disguise his voice.

Mark, have you or has anyone ever heard of such an app for the iPhone?

Kirk
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums