Re: [Spridgets] BATshi# Crazy

To: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] BATshi# Crazy
From: "Shop at \" Just Brits \"" <shop@justbrits.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 17:32:14 -0600
<< The underside of the deck and the boot beyond the hump for the rear
axle was left painted only with the purplish "primer". >>

Whilst I don't doubt you Jay, I've never seen dat !?!  At the same time
and years ago when there were still org cars to be seen I think I have
seen MORE "shades" of "red oxide primer" <G> [Used to be a Concours
Judge<VBG>] !!!

Jay added [whilst SHOPPING at the MALL <G>]:
<< As for the "purplish" primer, unless you are doing something crazy
concourse, think of eggplant. >>

I have heard folks say that the MGBs & Midgets supplied in Black Tulip
looked like eggplant [NOwhere NEAR 'primer'] and/or okra and I have
to strongly agree with the okra comparison !!!

Then Linda asked:
<< purplish primer anyone have a picture of that color? >>

NOT gonna find one I'll bet, unless....................

And Leo added:
<< ...set outside for about 3 weeks without paint on it and you will
have the "correct" purplish look :) >>

To which Jay 'corrected' with:
<< Actually, forget the primer. Just remove most of your clothing, sit
out in the snow for about 3 hours, and YOU will have that "correct
purplish" look. >>

Agreed [especially around here last week <G> !!

BUT the "warm" texassan Brad just had to ask:
<< but once you achieve the correct colour, who would be around that
would want to look.... >>

All the SMART folks crowding around the roaring fire-breathing "burning
barrel", Brad !!!  Don't know what yer missing <VBG> !!!!

Ed

PS:  Announcement coming soon to a List near you.

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums