Re: [Spridgets] Horrible Fright Opening Near Me

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Horrible Fright Opening Near Me
From: David Lieb <72spridget@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 19:18:40 -0600
>>> Oh come on now, their stuff is just fine as long as it has no moving
>>> parts, does not plug into anything (elec, or air)

>> So should I take that as an endorsement of their pry bars and hammers?

> Bent their pry bars, broke their hammers.

I think Frank really meant that they work fine so long as he doesn't touch them.
FWIW, my personal feeling is that it is not a place where I would want
to buy tools with which to earn my living.
OTOH, there are tools there that should not be purchased under any
circumstances.
There are also tools there suitable for single use.
There are even tools there that will outlast me.
The challenge lies in trying to determine which category a particular
tool belongs in.
It helps if you aren't Frank ;-), but most of what I get at HF serves me well.
I have one of their electric impact wrenches that is a little annoying
in that the ring does a lousy job of keeping a socket in place, but it
has always worked when I needed it and it has almost always gotten the
job done (the bolts holding the "ladder" to a Miata diff are a pain no
matter what, but the tool did help).
I have two of their aluminum jacks (big and little) and they work well for me.
I have a 3/8" rechargeable 18V impact wrench that cannot break loose
Spridget lugnuts, but works just fine for spinning them on and off. I
also have the 18V drill that uses the same battery because it was only
a couple bucks more than a spare battery. Does it work as well as a
Makita? Heck no. Doesn't cost as much, either. If it was earning my
wages for me, it would be a Makita.
I have an HF engine crane with an HF air-over-hydraulic cylinder. Works great.
There are also many things that I have gone there specifically to
acquire, but after looking at the actual item, I walked out without
it. Caveat Emptor applies in spades!
David L

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75