[Spridgets] Bugeye/Frogeye Club..... A couple of ethanol articles

To: Spridgeteers <spridgets@autox.team.net>, Wedge List
Subject: [Spridgets] Bugeye/Frogeye Club..... A couple of ethanol articles
From: WFO Herb <froggi60@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2011 12:31:54 -0800
Of interest to a lot of us....
Herb

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <dmarable@cox.net>
Date: Sat, Jan 1, 2011 at 11:49 AM
To: vinduro@yahoogroups.com, 3WheelerReplicas@yahoogroups.com,
bugeye@yahoogroups.com

Ive been saying this since 1973. It was carp thin and it is worse now.

Okie

Very informative thread here! As a small engine tech I can assure you
ethanol is no good for any small engine...two or four stroke. The shop I
work in has roughly 30% of our repair work due to ethanol related problems.
We are seeing so many engines where everything from the fuel tank to the
carbs just rotting out from the 10% ethanol blend. It has actually gotten so
bad that Briggs and Kohler have sent our shop ethanol testers that we are to
use on their respective engines before we bother to even start to think
about warranty work and issues. Do they know something we don't. The latest
we heard from Kohler is anything over a 15% blend in the tank... that is now
one engine we will not be doing ANY warranty work on whatsoever PERIOD. As
for Briggs they are quickly following behind Kohler in their warranty
restrictions concerning ethanol related issues. I am sure our Kohler rep
would have a heart attack if he read this!! I am not sure if the general
public can buy them but the part # for the ethanol tester Kohler sent us is
( 24-455-11S ) if I remember correctly Kohler offered them to us for $10
plus change...Briggs no longer seems to be selling them!? ??why?? I wonder.
Keep any ethanol blend fuel as far from you bikes as you can!
David H.

i have worked at some of the plants.i guess i should thank all the tax
payers for the subsidy.thanks folks.but it is a boon doggle.if someday a
country like venezuela shuts us off,maybe,but till then,not much
sense.germany did it cause they had to,brazil did it because they had cheap
cane. but as fort bikes,i have heard its bad news for ossa's and other glass
tanks.

I just found this very interesting. JB

http://pure-gas.org/index.jsp<http://pure-gas.org/index.jsp>

Sbject: Re: [vinduro] A couple of ethanol articles

Thanks for that Rico.Taking farmland out of food production to make a fuel
additive that creates a less energy efficient engine has never made any
sense to me. Whenever I would raise the subject at a party or other
gathering , people's eyes would glaze over and they'd look for the exit.
Anything but have an informed discussion about an important issue like
this.I guess I have to learn more about the artful use of recipes and
football scores to engage people's interest.

Ron o'

:

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75