[Spridgets] More OT from me - IV infection?

To: SPRIDGETS <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] More OT from me - IV infection?
From: Rick Bastedo <rbastedo@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2011 10:10:42 -0800
In case you didn't catch it before, my MRI and MRA showed a nice 'normal'
brain with all wiring and plumbing intact and apparently working within
optimal parameters.
My Doc and I agree it's my damaged cervical disc that's causing most of the
problems, and we agree it's not yet bad enough to let the slice and dice
guys in there to monkey around.

So, as I posted before the MRI/MRA exams went great - except for one slight
detail.
The IV wound became infected.
Now my right bicep is all swollen and hot and very much painful.
Doc prescribed antibiotics which I've been on for about 22 hours now.

I'm guessing the guy who did the IV screwed up, didn't swab between the
steel needle and the plastic one for use in the Magnetometer or something
like that.
Maybe he sneezed on it while inserting it in my arm or something.
Who knows, I was laying there with my head in a plastic cage and couldn't
see what was going on at the time.
All that's clear is that someone screwed up and man this thing hurts.

Anyway, Doc says it's a staph infection and the antibiotics should clear it
up within 48 hours.

Rick (learning to be a lefty) Bastedo

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75