Re: [Spridgets] Horn Amps

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Horn Amps
From: chris_west@juno.com
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 18:34:51 -0500
Woerple asked:
   Therein lies the reason for a 35a fuse??   I know some who use a 50a
but
can the wire take that??
Curious in Cheese-Land
---------------------------------
Dear Curious:  If you look at an original Lucas "35 Amp" fuse it is
marked "35A  17ACR".  What this means is that the instantanous or surge
rating is 35 amps, and the continuous current rating is 17 amps.  The
only reason that the Spridgets were able to "get away with" only 2 fuses
was that the only way to exceed the instantaneous current rating would be
to turn on every device connected to that circuit at precisely the same
time.  I believe that this would be physically impossible for one person,
and nearly so for two.

Chris - AN5L35xxx
Globe Life Insurance
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/4d2e3ae9c2fe0632583st05vuc