[Spridgets] Kudos to ME!

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] Kudos to ME!
From: Bill L <pythias@pacifier.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 16:55:27 -0800
Hello Spridgets,

       Got some Spridgety things done today. First thing before
       breakfast even, I installed the relay. My calculations show the
       factory contacts in the horn push are most likely inadequate,
       as the horn draws 18 amps under sustained load, and more than
       that under inrush. Even with the optional dual horns the draw
       in a stock circuit should be less than 10 amps, so to save the
       switch, I ran a #10 wire from battery to power to the horn,
       (with an inline fuse of course) and hooked the stock horn wires
       to just power the relay. Now I know my contacts should last and
       last....

       This afternoon i installed the lowering blocks in the rear.
       When I put in my new rear springs, they had an extra leaf
       (well, they still do) and the car sat too high. Now its down
       about stock height...

       I'm slowly getting better about this auto mechanics thing..

--
Best regards,
 Bill L.                          mailto:pythias@pacifier.com

 '66 Sprite MKIII HAN8L49403  "the red thing"

      * "I didn't mean to have my cheek pierced," said Tom mysteriously.

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums