Re: [Spridgets] 20 % Tariff

To: Kirk Hargreaves <khargreaves2@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] 20 % Tariff
From: Steven Guterman <an5.sprite@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 13:51:42 -0500
The problem is not just China,  If we started to add Tariffs it would not
take long to see an increase in inflation.  That would be bad for all
especially older folks living on their pensions.

By comparison the Harley tariff was easy, it was only impacting a small
group of mostly wealthy mid-aged men.

For the past 20 years China exports have kept inflation here low.  That is
ending as the RMB begins to increase in value. Inflation scares the heck out
of Washington and it should.

Steve