Re: [Spridgets] L(A)JC

To: spridgets list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] L(A)JC
From: brian S <bugeye15@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 09:31:58 -0500
I remember an episode of Top Gear (UK version) where they took a Prius and an
M3
out for a laps on their track. The Prius lead, for 10 laps, going for its best
time, the M3 shadowing.
They recorded the gas mileage for both cars. Prius got 17 mpg and the M3
19mpg.

Brilliant!
 ;-)

I do remember my 1994 Taurus SHO routinely getting 30-34 mpg on trips.

Brian S.
Bugeyeracer finally resto'ed!

> Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 16:08:23 +0000
> From: kk7ss@frontier.com

> My 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid - not baby'ed!
> 1) Worst mpg on one tank of gas = 39mpg - in winter on snow/ice with studded
M/S tires
> 2) Best mpg on one tank of gas = 51 mpg - in summer on LRR Dunlop SP31's
> Been using siped Toyo's for two years.
> 3) Average mpg at 58,000 miles = 43.5 mpg
>
> I'll not break even but I'm putting less than half as much of my money into
the oil company's coffers than I used to with my previous daily driver  ;-))

> Dave G  KK7SS
> DN06ig
>
> '65 Sprite - in process
> '76 Midget - driver
>
> >  Except for tiny cars (which I happen to like) I do not see very many
> > cars getting 30 mpg or better.

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive