Re: [Spridgets] Spridgets Digest, Vol 44, Issue 65

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Spridgets Digest, Vol 44, Issue 65
From: "Bob Gardner" <rdgard@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 17:03:53 -0800
 I took the beads off of my BE and this is how I did it.  I welded up the
under side of the hood, where the two folds of metal joined.  I started with
a tack ever 2 inches and then one inch and then filled in.  Then I took a
cutting torch and  carefully burned off the bead on the top. Then tacked
every two inches on the top then, with much lower heat, brazed a bead of
brass down the fender and ground it flush.  A little bondo to fill in any
pits and it is smooth, crack free and beautiful.  I also laid a bead of
brass around the head light bulge and finished it with a bead of bondo to
feather it.  Looks great IMHO.

\Cheers,

Bob in San Diego

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html