Re: [Spridgets] Chaparral Can Am 1967

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Chaparral Can Am 1967
From: BJNoSHOV8 <bjshov8@tx.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 23:51:02 -0600
FI had been used on drag cars for a long time, the systems used in CanAm
on American V8 engines looked to me just like the systems used on drag
cars.  An FI system for a drag car can be relatively simple.  For street
use a system would need to idle smoothly, run at low speeds and high
speeds, run when cold, when hot, get good mileage, limit emissions,
etc.  In a race car the range of operation is much more narrow.

> And fuel injection in 1967?  That surprised me.  I wonder if the fuel
> injection system was similar to the mechanical fuel injection systems on the
> early Corvettes?  Which from, again, what I have read, were not as reliable
> as a carb car.

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive