Re: [Spridgets] Morriservice 5-speed installation issues. WARNING:

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Morriservice 5-speed installation issues. WARNING:
From: Bill L <pythias@pacifier.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 12:27:22 -0800
Hello,

       The "fix" from Paul A. ...

       When HE HIMSELF installed the kit into my car, and the yoke hit
       the tunnel, (mine's an SWA with 1098) he did the following...

       With the car on jack stands, We started the car and as I slowly
       slipped out the clutch the tossed a broom stick up the tunnel,
       timing it so that it caught between the yoke and tunnel so that
       it smashed the tunnel
       outward at the point of interference... We did this two or
       three times, until the clattering stopped.

       Where the slave bleeder hit the frame rail, with the BMC slave,
       we smacked the rail with a ball peen, creating clearance.

       measure twice, smack twice. YMMV

--
Best regards,
 Bill L.                           mailto:pythias@pacifier.com

 '66 Sprite MKIII HAN8L49403   "the red thing"

  The Light at the End of the Tunnel Could be a flame thrower.

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums