Re: [Spridgets] Lucas Tech 101

To: Miniac7@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Lucas Tech 101
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 20:32:52 -0500
On 1/24/2011 7:34 PM, Miniac7@aol.com wrote:

This is why I have a Lucas Smoke Check gauge in my Sprite.
When I push the test button, I can see the smoke which means I still
have enough smoke in my harness to get me through the day.
Don't believe me, look here.

http://s445.photobucket.com/albums/qq179/spritenut/

> ELECTRICAL THEORY BY JOSEPH LUCAS
>

> Positive ground  depends upon proper circuit functioning, which is the
> transmission of  negative ions by retention of the visible spectral
> manifestation known as  "smoke". Smoke is the thing that makes
> electrical circuits work; we know this  to be true because every time
> one lets the smoke out of the electrical  system, it stops working.
> This can be verified repeatedly through empirical  testing.
>
> When, for example, the smoke escapes from an electrical  component
> (like, say, a Lucas voltage regulator), it will be observed that  the
> component stops working. The function of the wire harness is to carry
> the smoke from one device to another; when the wire harness "springs a
> leak," and lets all the smoke out of the system, nothing works
> afterwards. Starter motors were frowned upon in British motorcycles for
> some time, largely because they consume large quantities of smoke,
> requiring very large wires.
>
> It has been noted that Lucas components  are possibly more prone to
> electrical leakage than Bosch or generic Japanese  electrics. Experts
> point out that this is because Lucas is British and all  things British
> leak. British engines leak oil, shock absorbers and hydraulic  forks and
> disk brakes leak fluid, British tyres leak air, and the British  defense
> establishment leaks secrets... so, naturally, British electrics leak
> smoke.
>
>> From the basic concept of electrical transmission of energy in  the form
> of smoke, a better understanding of the mysteries of  electrical
> components - - especially those of Lucas manufacture - - is gained  by
> the casual user.

Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html