Re: [Spridgets] Flywheel needed

To: Spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Flywheel needed
From: "Shop at \" Just Brits \"" <shop@justbrits.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 11:10:04 -0600
Thanks for the "lead-in", Frank <G> !!

<< I have an aluminum flywheel, I have had it for 6 years or so now.>>

So do I [in Hortense, my Big Healey which I CAN 'drive'<G> !!] and
for close to 25 years.

<< I love it! >>

Ditto !!!!!!!  'Course mine is a bit more 'drastic' a "change" as I
went from an approx. 40 lb. piece to a 12 lb. one !!!

<< Much faster winding up the engine which means much faster off
the line. >>

That is an understatement !!!!!  My 'Red Line' went up a couple
grand 'til valve float.  In fact, when "pushing" it I have to be very
careful - I need a rev limiter !!  LOL

<< As for clutch problems, I do not have to slip the clutch, it works
just fine. >>

Again, ditto and I was sorta prepared for "problems".  UN-founded.
About 70,000 miles on  it.  That number includes Cindy learning [cringe]
to drive stick <sigh> and trust me; she "slipped" it quite a
bit [and had me crying whilst watching - thinking of clutch job].  "If"
I do get to put her on the road again, I am gonna change it first just
'cause<G> !

<< I think it was the most seat of the pants noticeable improvement
I have ever done. >>

Again, DITTO.  Without a doubt !!!  For my instance it is a VERY
marked improvement/up-grade !!!!!  HIGHLY recommended with a
HUGE <G> !!

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive