[Spridgets] ED... of maybe a different type - WARNING - you may not want

Subject: [Spridgets] ED... of maybe a different type - WARNING - you may not want to read farther
From: froggi60 at gmail.com (WFO Herb)
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2011 17:28:01 -0800
Rick,

Though not 'exactly' the same, but here's my similar experience.

Late Friday afternoon.  At my desk, severe pain at the base of my skull
where my head's attached to my neck.  Worse pain I'd ever had.  Felt as if
someone plunged a bayonet in my neck.   Left the office for home.

Rest of Friday, Saturday and Sunday I spent crawling around on me
hands-and-knees.  Couldn't stand up without falling over.  Pain still with
me.

I'm not one that calls the doc over every-little-thing...guys, pay
attention!

Called doc early Monday.  "Have no idea what it could be...you just had a
complete physical in October and you are (were) in excellent shape for a guy
your age".  "Call your dentist, could be TMJ problem".  Nope, he sends me to
a nose, ear & throat doc.  Ran his "tv" up my nose, down my throat.  "Don't
have a clue".  "BUT" he says, "I am calling a neurologist right now because
I believe whatever caused it is serious".

I see the neuro and he calls an ambulance.  Off I go to the hospital.  Four
days and a number of invasive test later and I go home.

He said I was lucky to be alive; fewer than 100 documented cases where the
patient lived after suffering what he called "Spontaneous dissection of the
interior portion of the exterior carotid artery".  I believe he said 85%
fatality rate so needless to say I feel very blessed.

My point is, don't just let it pass, go to the doctors.  Had a lady friend
of mine force me to go I'd probably be dead right now.

Call now,

Herb
PS I already had two strokes prior to this aneurysm, so I REALLY thank the
Good Lord for being alive.