[Spridgets] Ed Gives Medical Advice, too?

Subject: [Spridgets] Ed Gives Medical Advice, too?
From: derf247 at gmail.com (derf)
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2011 22:51:45 -0600
I had a procedure(endoscopic) done recently.  I had sensors and IVs
here and there.  When I woke up, some of the sensors were in different
places.
They said I fought them coming out of anesthesia.  There were two
nurses, one Dr., one Dr. in training, and one anesthesiologist.
They said it took all 5 of them to keep me under control.  I don't
remember struggling at all.  They said "Get comfortable" and then next
thing I remember is waking up in a different room.
Before they put me under, though, they said I shouldn't make any
important decisions or sign any documents for the rest of the day.  As
soon as I woke up after the procedure, they shoved a clip board at me
and asked me to sign something.  I said, "No, you told me not to sign
anything."  My wife didn't find it amusing so I signed.

I had a buddy who got a heart cath where they went in through a
femoral artery (leg).  They gave him the dope and when they started
doing the procedure he said in a loud voice "Hey!  I'm still awake
here!"

I've been in MRI tubes.  It was a very tight fit.
Around here, if you are too large to fit in the equipment, they send
you to the LSU Vet school where they have equipment to use on large
animals.