[Spridgets] Tube MRI eBay 60K or Best Offer

Subject: [Spridgets] Tube MRI eBay 60K or Best Offer
From: 72spridget at gmail.com (David Lieb)
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011 13:37:17 -0600
Ya know, all this talk about MRIs reminds me of the first time I heard
of them. It was about 22 years ago or so and the company I was then
working for was the Midwest authorized service center for Kennedy tape
drives. We got a call asking us to fly a tech down to KC to fix a tape
drive. IT turned out that this was the one guy whose job I have truly
envied. He worked for Toshiba and was responsible for three MRI
installations. One was at one hospital, another was at another
hospital, and the third was built into a semi trailer and time-shared
between three other area hospitals. So long as all three were fully
operational and he was within range of his pager, he could do whatever
he liked. Plus, he had a budget adequate to fly someone from Chicago
to KC to fix the tape drive when necessary. What a gig! In his "spare
time" he had a hangar at a little KC airport (home to the world's
largest gyro-copter factory) where he had built an FX ultralight.
David L