[Spridgets] LA(J)C

Subject: [Spridgets] LA(J)C
From: bkitterer at me.com (Kitterer Bob)
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2011 08:59:42 -0800
Not so sure about that.  There certainly were cars around that could get that
mileage but I do not recall any that were reasonably common. Did the Honda
Civic or Toyota Tercel get 40 mpg ?   It seems that 15, 20, 25 or 30 mpg were
far more common for most cars.   The technology has come a long way in that we
get more hp/cc.  But perhaps until this year I can not say that I have seen
much improvement in gas mileage.  With a few simple mods i got 30 mpg out of my
'53 Ford V8 flathead with an automatic trany.  Except for tiny cars (which I
happen to like) I do not see very many cars getting 30 mpg or better.

Flame suit on

Bob Kitterer

1960 Austin Healey Sprite (Mk IV in disguise) - in storage
1966 Austin Healey Sprite Mk III (Trevor) - still in boxes - in storage