[Spridgets] LBB's

Subject: [Spridgets] LBB's
From: kgb at frontiernet.net (kgb at frontiernet.net)
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 18:26:34 +0000 (UTC)
Thanks, Michael. That's quite a site! It is apparently a mid level commuting
type bike, but I managed to pick up what appears to be a very clean example for
less than what I would have paid for an El Cheapo in a box store. I had thought
about changing the handlebars on the bike Gary got me, but I have never managed
to figure out the gearing on the silly thing, and was really quite happy with
the old Western Flyer 6 speed that he garage saled. I need to outfit it with a
tool bag and lights, and possibly a rack for the rear wheel, and I will still
be into it less than a box store bike. It sounds like parts are readily
available, and it is simple enough that i should be able to work on it myself.
If I decide to upgrade, I can always change the handle bars on his old Nishiki
racing bike that weighs about three pounds. The only problem with that, as well
as the bike he bought me, is that I am unable to add fenders, so it would be a
dry road only bike.

Thanks again,

Kate

Hi.

I'm a lover of old english 3-speeds. My favorite is my 1951 Raleigh Lenton
Tourist. I've never owned a Dunelt. Here's a good site for info on British
bikes:

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/english-3.html

-michael in WI
'63 Sprite