[Spridgets] L(A)JC Ford 3.5 TT

Subject: [Spridgets] L(A)JC Ford 3.5 TT
From: bugeye15 at hotmail.com (brian S)
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 09:53:16 -0500
I bought a 2010 SHO a few months ago. As said, 3.5l twin turbos, restricted to
365hp/350/tq to protect the transaxle.
Engine has an amazing amount of low end torque for a twin turbo V6. The turbos
are sized small for very quick spool.
It's rated at the same mileage as the NA V6, but 100 more hp. I got close to
28 mpg on the trip from Norfolk where I
picked it up, home to LI, including a side trip up the Skyline drive.
Although I know of several people with conservative tuning that are pushing
450hp and running sub 13 sec 1/4 miles with no problems so far.
Same engine is being put into the 2011 F150, but since the trans in that can
handle more torque, it's rated at 420lb/ft.
Here's a link to the tear down they did on the truck version that had been
torture tested.
but Sorry Frank, looks like still no manual in a 1/2 ton PU.
unbelievable.....

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2011/01/what-the-inside-of-a-torture-tested-ecob
oost-v-6-looks-like.html

Brian S.
Bugeyeracer finally resto'ed!

> Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 16:20:45 -0500
> From: bjshov8 at tx.rr.com
> CC: spridgets at autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: [Spridgets] L(A)JC
>
> (Check my email address.)  I used to be a Ford Taurus SHO owner.  The
current generation of the SHO comes with the new Ford "eco-boost" engine.  It
is a turbocharged engine, hence the "boost" part, and it is supposed to be
higher fuel mileage than the equivalent V8 engine and therefore better for the
environment, hence the "eco" part.  The engine is basically a 3.5L V8 that has
maximum computer-limited horsepower of 365.  That engine came out in 2010,
this year they have apparently made versions that are 3.7L as well.  Anyway
the idea is that it generates the "thrust of a V8" with "the economy of a V6",
to borrow from the actual SHO television commercials.  The engine actually has
good low-end torque with a relatively flat torque curve, again probably shaped
that way by computer engine management.  Some people theorized that they did
this to protect the front wheel drive transaxle for excessive horsepower.