[Spridgets] Scams - no LCB content

To: Spridget Chat Group <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Scams - no LCB content
From: Michael Rowe <mdrowe@optonline.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2011 22:44:25 -0500
I have been shopping for a Roadtrek RV.

Last week, I got a response saying the owner was in Alaska, but had made
arrangements to ship the RV anywhere for $600, we would split the shipping
cost.  Payments would be handled through the Ebay Vehicle Purchase Protection
Program.  Ebay does not do this, and a quick check
(http://pages.ebay.com/ebaymotors/buy/security/index.html) provides a full
description of the scam.  The scammers have copies of all the official
documents, etc., and it is not clear that anyone can tell they are fake from
the documents alone.  You have to know that the Program only applies to Ebay
sales.

Today, I got another similar response.  The add is from Montreal, the car is in
the far north of British Columbia, and the owner has moved to London and unable
to handle the transaction in person, etc.  The response provided extensive
details of the RV, including many pictures and the VIN.  A search on "Roadtrek
VIN: 1GCHG39r721227815" yielded the same information, pictures etc. for a car
from Senoia, GA sold on Ebay Jan. 3.  The scammer had lifted all the
information from an Ebay listing.

Beware.

Michael Rowe
Long Island, NY