[Spridgets] LBC Cross Country Rally

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] LBC Cross Country Rally
From: "Deikis, John G" <John.Deikis@va.gov>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 17:02:57 -0500
Though a long-time Spridget driver and vintage racer, I'm preparing my
'53 MG TD to run the Rallye to Reno from the east coast to the 2011 Lake
Tahoe MG International.

Since the car has been neglected for 30 years and seems to need so much
attention, friends began to question my sanity. So, I figured-- if it is
really so "out there," I could use it as a way to increase awareness of
the issues related to pediatric cancer and also raise some donations to
CURE Childhood Cancer, a 4-star-rated charity dedicated to cutting edge
research, training and support of young patients and their families.

As some of you guys may know, back in 1997 I was diagnosed with cancer
of the larynx (and went into surgery the day after I rolled my Midget at
GingerMan Raceway in South Haven, MI). Over the years of visiting the
University of Michigan Cancer Center, it was the sight of the youngsters
coming in for treatments that stayed with me.  I had had 50 years of
fun. Many of them never even got a chance at the grid.

If you want to follow along,  I've posted the occasional blog entry as
the date gets closer.

MGDrive for CURE:

http://www.kidsCURE.blogspot.com

See you in Reno...and Tahoe...and San Francisco...Portland...and Boise,
and wherever else I have to go to get back to Elkhart Lake by July for
the Midget's 50th!

-John Deikis

 Washtenaw County President, Sprite Midget Club USA

www.johnsfolly.webs.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive