[Spridgets] No LBC .....BB kitty is in home hospice enjoying every

To: Spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] No LBC .....BB kitty is in home hospice enjoying every
From: Linda Grunthaner <grunthaner@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 20:42:39 -0500
BB's blockage was cancer and it went into at least one node which was also
removed. The big expensive animal hospital's doctor said it could come back
soon or a long time from now and that strange things have happened such as
it not coming back for many many many months or even longer. This special
hospital cost a small fortune for surgery which was very successful I am
grateful that BB is now comfortable. Although the doctors are pushing for
chemo, especally the oncologist ($$$ hint $$$ hint) but BB is 15 years old
and only 3 lbs, she was always small but now about 1/2 her normal weight
with her illness so I will not put her through chemo. When it is time I will
let BB go, I hope she gains strength and can make it till spring so she can
enjoy the outdoors. My regular vet who has nothing to do with the big
hospital and has a very small clinic thought I made the right choice not
doing chemo. He was so sweet giving me his cell number when BB is ready to
cross over the bridge and I will be there for her. Until then, I will love
her, keep her comfortable and of course pray for her. I think I am going to
be OK knowing my vet will help me with this.
Thanks for everyone's kind messages, I will make sure BB's end of life is as
beautiful as her beginning.
Lin
Me and BB picture:
http://www.spritespot.com/gallery/Deep-Pink-Sprite/me_BB