[Spridgets] Off topic posts

Subject: [Spridgets] Off topic posts
From: bjshov8 at tx.rr.com (BJNoSHOV8)
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 19:41:16 -0600
I didn't know I should get into the bicycles.  Before mine was
introduced to the aforementioned Toyota last summer, I had bought new
rims/spokes/nipples/hubs/cogs/tires/tubes in order to build a new set of
wheels.  Now the bike is setting there totalled and I'm not sure what to
do with the wheel components.

My dad is sometimes bad about buying stuff that he finds and thinks is a
good deal.  Last summer someone traveling through the area came into his
shop, actually I think they totalled their car on the nearby freeway and
he pulled them in.  They had a pair of cheap Treks, sort of a cross
between a road bike and a mountain bike.  They couldn't carry them on so
my dad bought them for a good price then asked me if I could sell them.
I discovered that I could ride the big one and my sister took the small
one.  So if I ever feel like "getting back on the horse" so to speak I
have a bike waiting for me.  I may yet get a framebuilder to repair my
old bike.  It needs the top tube and down tube replaced, and a new
fork.  Surprisingly the old front wheel, which is one that I built
myself over 20 years ago, is still straight after the impact.  My job is
failing so I'm really trying to not spend a lot of money.