Re: [Spridgets] Parking tickets

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Parking tickets
From: Robert Duquette <robertduquette@sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 08:49:53 -0500
> > It's easier than raising taxes.

Really?  Think about what happens to a dollar that you earn.
If you're an employee, there is a tax deduction at source.If you save what's
left and earn interest, the interest is taxed.If you spend the money, you pay
sales tax.If you save enough of those after tax dollars, you can buy a house.
If you really go on the hook to get into a better neighbourhood, then you get
taxed more.  Do you get more service?  No, you just get to pay more, because
they think that you can.  ( Income and property taxes seem communist in
structure. )
Then there's sin taxes on gas, tobacco and booze.  ( First they drive you
drink with taxes, then tax you heavily on the drink. )
You paid taxes to build streets ( and parking ) and then pay to use the
parking that you paid to make available.
Then the person that you spend the remnants of that dollar to, gets to go
through the same process; and then the next; and then the next, etc.
When you die there is an estate tax which retaxes the income that you managed
to save.  You've already paid taxes on it, but you can't give it away.
I think it's quite easy to raise taxes.  Don't they do it every year where you
are?  I wish I could do that.  "Hey boss, I want to spend more than I'm making
now, so you're going to pay me 3% more this year.  You can vote me out in 4
years, but really, the next guy is just going to do the same thing!"
Here's an example of municipal spending in Ottawa.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/story/2011/03/02/ottawa-westboro-land.ht
ml
But, in a nutshell:The city sold some greenspace to a developer for 12.5
million.Rezoned the land for them.Now have voted to buy back 1/4 of that land
for 11.5 million, 2 years later.It is worth more now, because it is rezoned.

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums