Re: [Spridgets] mileage vs. age

To: Spridgets net <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] mileage vs. age
From: Macy Larry <lmacy@mac.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2011 09:02:39 -0500
My turn, but not as long.

Learned to drive in a late 1960's Ford station wagon.

1973 Vega Kammback wagon
1967 Pontiac Firebird Convertible (400 cid w/ Hurst 4 on the floor)
196x VW Bug Convertible
1978 Toyota Corrolla SR5 Liftback
1984 Dodge Caravan
1996 Dodge Neon
1980 BMW 308i
1990's Artero (Pontiac Fiero with a fiberglass Ferrari body)
2003 Dodge Dakota
2005 Saturn Ion
2009 MINI Cooper S Clubman
1976 MG Midget (bought at MG dealer in Denver CO)
1978 MG Midget (Since 1983)

Now I own the 78 Midget and the MINI. But I surely miss the Firebird and the
Dakota. The Firebird, done right, would be worth far more than the rest of the
list. I owned 2 for about 20 years between the Toyota (6) and the Caravan
(14).

(As for Wife's Cars, the 76 Midget was bought as hers, but that didn't last
;-) And the Neon is what she took when she left. Theresa started out with a
late model Ford Probe with a big V-6, then a Subaru Outback Sport, then a VW
Jetta, now a VW Golf, her and her first husbands list is longer, but why
dredge up memories, even tho some of the stories are hilarious).

Every car on this list is a manual except the VW Golf.

Larry

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/lmacy@mac.com

--

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Keep your top down and your chin up.

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
lmacy@phillymgclub.com
Secretary
Philadelphia MG Club

safely in an attractive and well kept body, but to skid in sideways,
Margaritas in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and
screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!".

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive