Re: [Spridgets] 2010 GMC Hassles and Issues

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] 2010 GMC Hassles and Issues
From: BJNoSHOV8 <bjshov8@tx.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 21:59:51 -0500
I never understood the desire of the average person to have a truck (or
SUV for that matter).  If you need a truck, then buy a truck.  If you
need an SUV then buy an SUV.  If you don't need either one then buy a
car.  A car would be more comfortable, faster, safer, more economical,
etc.  If economical isn't important then just buy a more expensive car
to start with.

My daughter is a college student, she never carries anything more than a
backpack, but she has always wanted a truck.
In our metropolitan area we have a lot of people that buy trucks and
SUV's, and have no use for them except that it is something that they
want.  There was a time when I needed a pickup and I owned one, now I
don't.  At one time I also owned a minivan.  My wife drives an SUV
everyday, but besides the fact that she carries a lot of stuff in it, we
also take it offroad frequently.  We've probably been offroad on
vacation in Colorado and Utah almost a dozen times.

> My guess would be as a status symbol. A way of letting their "friends" know
>that THEY don't need to worry about the price of fuel or the cost of their
>vehicle. They also have a big honkin' vehicle that looks like a truck, sounds
>like a truck and, could conceivably actually be used as a truck, although it
>probably never will be.

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive