[Spridgets] OT - A paradigm shift for engines?

Subject: [Spridgets] OT - A paradigm shift for engines?
From: kk7ss at frontier.com (Dave KK7SS)
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 18:44:57 +0000 (UTC)
Depending which way you look at it, this engine is either very wide but short,
or it's very short but wide.

I was trying to visualize this engine in a conventional front engined car.

It would probably go nicely in a rear wheel drive application - engine would be
transverse just in front or behind the front wheels, making for a short,
mini/micro-style, car.

But for front wheel drive  the engine would probably fitted longitudinally and
be a significant component of the cars length - unless you used a right angle
drive system.

For a 'normal' 2-stroke, primary compression occurs in the crankcase, secondary
occurs in the combustion chamber. I wonder how they're getting their
compression. I also thought I heard him say it was a diesel application..
couldn't see/hear any reference to plugs..

But what an interesting concept..!

--
Dave G  KK7SS
DN06ig