[Spridgets] Now light bulbs

To: Brad Fornal <tequila.brad@gmail.com>
Subject: [Spridgets] Now light bulbs
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2011 16:41:01 -0400
On 4/1/2011 1:51 PM, Brad Fornal wrote:
> Also, you will be needing to pay to have your burnt out pigtail lightbulb
> removed, since it IS full of hazardous waste. It is NEVER about safer, or
> "more energy efficient" it's about creating a newer, more difficult to
> understand, "money stream"
Oh yeah, there is a group of nice folks handing out these curly slow
light up bulbs around town.
They are called the Porch Lighters or something like that.
I was home when one of them tried to hand me a bulb.
Now the fun began!
I said no thanks, they are ALL made in china, I do not want to put any
more Americans out of work by using chinese bulbs.
Besides, did YOU ever read the hazard warning on the box?
It says that if a bulb breaks, evacuate the room, call haz mat because
of the mercury in the bulb.
The box says that the spent bulb MUST be recycled at a mercury recycling
center, my local mercury recycle center is in Trenton, 50 miles away,
Well what the hell did that just do to my carbon footprint?
And can you tell me Mr. Porch light man, just what do the chinese do
with the mercury waste from manufacturing all these bulbs?
I think I know, they just pour it into their rivers to poison the fish
they catch and sell to us.

I did by a 3 pack of these things a few years back, 7 year bulbs as the
package said.
They all burned out in a couple months.
No thanks, I'll by US made incandesents.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html