Re: [Spridgets] No LBC - Road conditions

To: Richard Ball <rich_ball@mindspring.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] No LBC - Road conditions
From: Michael Rowe <mdrowe@optonline.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2011 17:09:07 -0400
I had a really good visit with Rich and his wife, and was amazed that the
"Hawaiian-style Food" in Everett WA was actually authentic and excellent
plate-lunch fare.  His yard looks authentic, too, with one Spridget at the
curb and a tub on the lawn.

I made it back in 14 days - first San Juan Island, WA south to Los Angeles,
then ocean to ocean - visiting family and friends in San Francisco, LA, Palm
Springs, and Taos, and making  miles thereafter.  I don't know how many
miles as my speed sensor went partially bonkers (0 to 120 mph in half a
second!) and the odometer only worked when the speedometer worked - half the
time or less, depending.  I managed to replace the sensor without a lift in
some tiny town in TN, only possible for someone as small as I.  But it only
lasted a day.  It may be the wires, which hang down asking to be jerked by a
stick on the road.

I have only one really significant observation from this  trip:
In Washington State the speed limit is 60 mph.
People drive 60 mph.
It must be a West Coast thing.

Michael Rowe
2002 Roadtrek 170 Popular