Re: [Spridgets] new toy

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] new toy
From: WFO Herb <froggi60@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 19:40:59 -0700
I've not checked e-mails since Thursday.

As I read this posting from Frank, tears fill my eyes realizing this is the
last time I will ever read anything Frank.

May God bless his soul and be with his family at this time of grief and
their loss.

Herb

On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 7:47 PM, Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>wrote:

> As some of you know I got into antique bicycles, today a neighbor gave me a
> gas engine for a bicycle.
> It mounts on the front fork and engages the front tire.
> It's from the 60s and may not have ever been fired up until now.
> No rip cord, once mounted you pedal the bike and push a lever to engage the
> engine to the tire and it starts to run.
> Well my cordless drill, some gas and it fired up on the bench so I mounted
> it to my 1923 Elgin bike.
> what a blast! It goes about 25 mph.
> What I am trying to find out is about how old it is so if anybody can
> recall these aftermarket gizmos, let me know.
> It is a Sears 2 stroke engine, very small, maybe 25cc or so. carb hole is
> about 1/2" and it was made in Japan.
> The NGK spark plug looked brand new when I checked it out, gas tank was dry
> and had no smell of old gas and the engine looks very clean.
> It even has a paper tag on it on how to prime the carb.
> That's what makes me think it has never been used. The neighbor said he
> found it at "work" years ago.
> He works of the town public works.  (aka garbage man)  ;)
> He is forever giving me antique bikes, wagons, and toys for my grandson.
> All need to be restored but it's a lot of fun doing quick projects
> like pedal cars, tricycles, 1948 Radio Flyer wagon, and an old park spring
> ride on rocket.
> He loves to see the junk get fixed up and painted and used so I get all his
> junk.
> So if anybody knows anything about this bike engine, talk to me.
>
> --
> Frank Clarici
> Toms River, NJ
> Did you register for the Midget 50th meet yet?

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums